Tuesday, May 19, 2015

Pre-Bath Body Oils

I'd like to share a great idea I found in one of my favorite* aromatherapy books: Make a body oil with your favorite essential oils and apply it all over your body before getting into the bath. Through osmosis, your body will absorb the oils that have been heated by the water, which is even more effective than just adding EO's to the bath water itself! 
(Of course, you should only use therapeutic-grade Young Living essential oils.)

Here are a few recipe suggestions:

Pre-Bath Base Oil
(I like V6 Enhanced Vegetable Oil Complex from Young Living, but if you want to make your own, try this one.)

Grapeseed                               2 tablespoons
Jojoba                                     20 drops
Evening Primrose                   10 drops
Carrot                                      5 drops

Add about 10 drops of your favorite EO single or blend to 2 teaspoons of the base oil. You can also create your own blend.

Some of my favorites are Lavender, Geranium and Ylang Ylang. Blends I like include Peace &Calming, Envision, Joy, Sensation and Harmony.

I also want to try Wintergreen, Relieve It or PanAway the next time my body feels sore, tired or achy. I think this might help with arthritis, too.

Try it and let me know what you think!





Joyce Phelps Stephens, NCLMBT #2272
110 Iowa Lane, Suite 201
Cary, NC 27511
919-270-5868
YLEO#401605

Click here to sign up for our monthly newsletter


No comments:

Post a Comment