When it comes to using your essential oils, have you tried thinking outside the box? This month I'd like to share some uses for Young Living essential oils that you may not have thought of.
· House plants love Lavender! Add it to the water when you mist them. You can also put a few drops directly on the soil or, for cut flowers, add to the water and watch them perk up!
· Instead of a chemical product, use Lemon oil to remove "goo."
· Use one drop of Lemon oil morning and night on corns, calluses and bunions.
· Use Peppermint oil to stop a hot flash by applying to the back of your neck. (It’s even easier if you convert the bottle to a roll-on with an AromaGlide roller fitment!)
Thieves and Purification
· Put a drop of Thieves blend on your toothbrush before your toothpaste. (Note: Young Living also has several non-fluoride toothpastes based on the Thieves blend.)
· Use Thieves Household Cleaner, diluted as directed, to clean fruits and vegetables. Spray on, rub thoroughly, and rinse with water.
· Put a few drops of Purification or Thieves on a cotton ball and place in air vents to help purify the air and add a clean scent.
· Add 50 drops of Purification to a gallon of paint to eliminate the odor.
· Use Purification to help heal cold sores.
· Geranium is great for shrinking pimples.
· Try Joy to help overcome feelings of grief or depression.
Other great uses
Add empty oil bottles to a bath. (Remove the lid and stopper and add all pieces.)
Rub tired feet with a little PanAway, Aroma Siez or Deep Relief, then pull on socks and they'll feel great in the morning!
Many oils can be used when cooking or baking. (I only recommend Young Living oils, especially for this use, because they are pure, therapeutic grade.)
Let me know your favorite ways to use essential oils – either email me or share them on my Facebook page!!